As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Earwax is a helpful and natural part of your body’s defenses. It cleans, lubricates and protects your ear canal by trapping dirt and slowing the growth of bacteria. However, if you have an excessive buildup of earwax in your ear canals, it may cause discomfort or even infection. This article will help you learn how to remove earwax from your ears without using harsh chemicals.
How To Remove Earwax At Home Naturally
1. Use cotton swabs to gently push out any excess wax that has accumulated in your ear canals. If you don’t use cotton swabs, you could risk damaging your eardrums.
2. Soften the wax. You can soften the wax with warm water and salt. Mix one teaspoon of table salt into a cup of hot tap water. Dip a cotton ball into the mixture and place it inside your ear for about 5 minutes. Repeat this process two more times per day until the wax softens up.
3. Use olive oil: Olive oil is another option for removing earwax. Simply pour some olive oil into your ear canals and let it sit there for several hours. Then, repeat the above-mentioned.
4. Use warm water: Warm water can also be used to soften up the wax. Pour some warm water into your ear canals and let it stay there for 10 minutes. Afterward, rinse off with cold water.
5. Try using baking soda: Baking soda is another effective way to cleanse your ears. Combine equal parts of baking soda and warm water. Gently pour this solution into your ear canals and leave it there for 15 minutes. Rinse off thoroughly with cool water.
6. Salt Water Rinse: Another method for cleaning your ears involves pouring salt water into them. The salt water helps loosen the wax, which then drains out easily.
7. Vinegar Rinse: Vinegar is another alternative for removing earwax. Put vinegar into a bowl and dip a cotton ball into it. Place the cotton ball in your ear canals and wait for 20 minutes. Afterwards, rinse off thoroughly with water.
8. Hydrogen Peroxide: Hydrogen Peroxide is yet another alternative for removing earwax. Prepare a solution of hydrogen peroxide. Dip a cotton ball into the solution and put it into your ear canals. Let it remain there for 30 minutes. Then, rinse off with plain water.
9. Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil is another alternative for eliminating earwax. Just mix equal parts tea tree oil and water. Dip a cotton ball into the mixture and insert it into your ear canals. Leave it there for half an hour. Then, rinse off with water.
10. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is yet another alternative for removing earwax. Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a quarter cup of warm water. Dip a cotton ball into the mixture and place it into your ear canals. Let it stay there for five minutes. Afterwards, rinse off with water.
11. Vinegar and Rubbing Alcohol: Vinegar and rubbing alcohol are both great alternatives for removing earwax. Mix equal parts of vinegar and rubbing alcohol. Let it stay there for ten minutes. Afterwards, rinse off with plain water.
12. Lemon Juice: Lemon juice is another alternative for removing earwax. Make a paste of lemon juice and cornstarch. Apply this mixture on your earlobes and massage well. Wait for 10minutes before rinsing off with water.
13. Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe vera gel is yet another natural remedy for removing earwax. Cut open an aloe vera leaf and remove its gel content. Apply the gel onto your ear lobes and leave it there for fifteen minutes. Afterwards, rinse off with lukewarm water.
14. Potato Starch Paste: Potato starch paste is yet another natural remedy for removing earwax. Mash a potato and make a paste out of it. Use this paste to wipe away the wax from your ear canals.
15. Egg Whites: Eggs are high in protein and low in fat. This makes them a healthy substitute for cleaning earwax. Crack an egg into a bowl and separate the white part from the yolk. Clean your ear canals by gently wiping them with the white part of the egg.
16. Sugar: Sugar has antiseptic properties too. It can be used to eliminate earwax as well. Crush two spoons of sugar and add some drops of olive oil to make a paste. Spread this mixture over your ear lobes and let it sit for about twenty minutes. After that, wash it off with lukewarm water.
There you have 13 different ways to get rid of earwax easily. You may use any of these methods or even all of them. The best thing is that they’re all safe and effective.
Which method did you find most efficient? Do share your experience with us.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.