As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Today, you’re going to learn how to remove lipstick stains from clothes at home naturally.
I’m sure you have seen this before. You are wearing your favorite shirt and it has lipstick on the collar or sleeves, but no matter how much you scrub at it with soap and water, there is just one spot that won’t come off. It’s like the stain refuses to budge.
What do you do?
Well, I am here to tell you that you can get rid of those stubborn stains in seconds!
How To Remove Lipstick Stains from Clothes Using a Stain Remover or Liquid Detergent
A lipstick stain on clothing can be difficult to remove without ruining the fabric. But there are some tricks that can help you out.
Begin by carefully scraping off any excessive lipstick with a blunt knife, dull edge or toothbrush. Make sure you don’t cut yourself while doing this.
When using the dull knife, ensure you direct it away from you, taking care to avoid harming yourself.
Apply a pre-wash stain removal or small amount of liquid soap directly to the stain. Ensure the product can be used safely on the item at hand.
Spray the remover onto both sides of the lipstick, making sure to cover all areas of the stain.
Always follow the instructions on the product and check the garment label to see what type of fabric it is safe for.
How to Remove Lipstick Stain Using Rubbing Alcohol
Lipstick stains are one of those things we just don’t want to deal with. They’re unsightly, inconvenient, and sometimes even embarrassing—especially if you’ve been caught wearing the offending shade.
But there are ways to remove lipstick stains without ruining your clothes.
The easiest way to remove a lipstick stain is to blot it with a clean, dry cotton swab or clean cloth. This method works best for light colors like pink, red, orange, yellow, and peach. If the color of the lipstick is darker, try a different approach.
Rubbing alcohol is commonly used to remove ink stains from clothing because it breaks down the dye molecules in the ink. You can use rubbing alcohol to remove lipstick stains too, although some people say it doesn’t always work.
Try applying rubbing alcohol directly to the stained area and gently massage the spot. Be careful not to let the alcohol touch your skin as it could burn.
Let the alcohol soak into the stain for about 30 seconds and then blot the area with a clean, dry cloth or cotton swab. Repeat this process several times until the lipstick disappears. To avoid staining your shirt again, wash the garment immediately afterward.
If the lipstick stain still won’t budge, you might want to consider taking the item to a professional cleaner.
A good cleaning solution will be able to take care of most stains, including lipstick ones. Or you could ask a friend to help you out.
Also Read: How to Clean a Washing Machine Drain Pipe
How to Remove Lipstick From Clothing Using Hairspray
Lipstick marks are one of those things we just don’t like to see on our clothing. They’re unsightly, and they make us feel self-conscious about wearing certain outfits especially white cloth.
Luckily, there are some simple ways to remove lipstick stains without ruining your favorite items. If your clothes aren’t white enough to wash out the color, try spraying them with hairspray.
This method works best where the color isn’t too dark or bright; otherwise, you’ll end up with a permanent mark.
You can even use hair spray to remove lipstick from makeup brushes, although you might want to test it first on a small patch of skin.
How to Remove Lipstick from Clothes Without Washing
Lipstick stains are a common problem for women. You can remove lipstick stains on clothes with the right method, but you need to be careful not to damage your clothing in the process.
Here’s how to get rid of lipstick without washing your clothes:
- Use an Ironing Board – If you have an ironing board at home, use it to press the affected area of your clothing against the surface. The heat from the iron will melt the lipstick away.
- Use Vinegar – Mix equal parts vinegar and water and apply the mixture to the stain using a damp cloth. Allow the solution to sit for 10 minutes before rinsing off the stain.
- Use Lemon Juice – Squeeze lemon juice onto the stain and allow it to sit for 15 minutes. Rinse the stain off with cold water.
- Use Baking Soda – Baking soda is another effective remedy for removing lipstick stains. Mix 1/2 cup baking soda with 2 cups warm water and rub the mixture over the stain. Leave the mixture on for 5 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
- Use Coffee Grounds – Coffee grounds contain caffeine which helps break down lipsticks. Simply mix coffee grounds with hot water and rub the mixture onto the stain. Allow it to sit for 20 minutes and then rinse off the stain.
- Use Toothpaste – Toothpaste contains abrasive ingredients that can help loosen stubborn lipstick stains. Apply toothpaste to the stain and leave it on for five minutes. Then rinse the stain off with lukewarm water.
- Use Salt Water – Saltwater has similar properties to dish soap, so it’s also a great way to remove lipstick stains. Dissolve salt in water and pour the solution over the stain. Allow it sit for 10 minutes and then rinse the stain off with cold running water.
- Use Oil – Rub oil onto the stain and allow the oil to sit for five minutes. Then wipe the stain off with a clean rag.
- Use Vinegar & Sugar – Mix equal parts vinegar (white) and sugar together and apply the mixture to a cotton ball. Place the cotton ball directly on top of the lipstick stain and let it sit overnight. In the morning, gently brush the stain off.
- Use Ice Cubes – Rub ice cubes into the lipstick stain until it loosens. Gently scrape the lipstick off with a credit card.
- Use Aloe Vera Gel – Apply aloe vera gel to the stained area and cover it with plastic wrap. Let it sit for 30 minutes. Once the time is up, peel back the plastic wrap and gently scrub the area.
Also Read: How to Clean Gold Jewelry at Home
How to Get Lipstick Out of Fabric Couch
I’m not sure if you have ever had a couch that has lipstick on it. I know I haven’t, but I am pretty sure that there are people out there who do! It is so annoying when your favorite couch gets all smudged up with lipsticks and other makeup products.
You can try cleaning the couch with soap and water, or even scrubbing it with a toothbrush, but this may take some time.
If you want to speed things up, here are some easy ways to get lipstick out of fabric.
- Rub Alcohol – Alcohol is one of the best cleaners around because it dissolves most materials. To make the alcohol cleaner, simply add rubbing alcohol to regular household liquid detergent. This will give you a more powerful cleaner.
- Use Dish Soap – Dish soap works well at getting rid of lipstick from fabrics. Just use a little bit of dish soap mixed with water and rub the mixture on the stain. The soap should work its magic within seconds.
- Use Vinegar – Vinegar is an inexpensive product that can be used to clean many different surfaces. All you need to do is fill a spray bottle with white vinegar and spritz the stain. The vinegar will immediately start to dissolve the stain.
- Use Lemon Juice – Lemon juice is another simple product that can be used as a homemade stain remover. Simply squeeze lemon juice on the stain and blot it dry.
- Use Baking Soda – Baking soda is another natural product that can be used for removing stains from clothing. Mix baking soda with warm water and sponge the mixture on the stain until it disappears.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.