As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The clear phone cover looks beautiful till it gets dirty. Since the phone covers all kinds of dust of the pocket and finger oil, they stain and turn it yellow very easily. However, you can learn how to clean your phone case with some simple home remedies cleaners. With regular cleaning, your cover would be long-lasting.
Let’s check out the ways to clean phone cover yellowness to make your mobile cover like new again.
How to Clean Phone Cover Yellowness with Baking Soda
There are plenty of ways to clean a yellow phone cover and one of the popular one is if you know how to clean a transparent phone cover with baking soda.
- Take a towel and put the phone on the towel, now place the phone cover on it. Spread the baking soda and cover the entire surface, so keep adding till it covered the entire stains.
- Rub the phone cover with a toothbrush and add a little water. Then move it in a circular motion. Make sure you get the spots that are hard to reach, such as edges and openings.
- Rinse the phone cover with water. Moe the case into the sink, wash the entire cover using a brush to lose any remaining stain.
- Wipeout with a clean cloth and shake out the excess moisture first.
How to Clean Silicone Phone Case
Take a bowl of water and mix it with dish soap. When the water is soapy, place the phone case into the bowl and let it soak for a few minutes. You can place the weight into the case to keep it submerged.
To remove the stain and clean the edges, smoothly scrub with a toothbrush. Continue scrubbing till all the debris is removed, and then rinse it with cold water. You can dry with a microfiber cloth to suck all the water. Let it dry for about an hour.
How to Clean Phone Case with Toothpaste
Let’s coat some toothpaste on the surface of the phone cover and rub repeatedly with a toothbrush gently and apply it all over the back cover. Now take 1 tablespoon of salt and spread it to the phone cover and now again rub it with a toothbrush. Scrub it for 10 to 15 minutes till the yellow color disappeared. Now rinse it with cold water and clean it with a cloth.
How to Clear Phone Case that Turned Yellow/Brown
Use of Dish Soap
- Take a bowl of warm water and mix few drops of dish soap, and mix them.
- Use a toothbrush for scrubbing over the phone cover
- Apply it to all the inside and outside, now rinse it and use a soft cloth to dry it.
- Let it air dry for an hour and remember that it is completely dry before using it.
How to Remove Stain from Phone Back Cover
- Take the phone cover from your phone. Use rubbing cloth which is made of 70% or higher. If you are using alcohol is in a spray bottle, you can spray it directly onto the phone case instead of using a cloth.
- Clean the stains on your phone cover. Make sure you wipe it from inside and outside of the phone cover with rubbing alcohol.
- Clean it with a dry cloth and rub it until it dries completely.
- Dry it for an hour and after that put the cover in your phone.
How to Clean Mobile Back Panel
The mobile phone now becomes an essential part of life and to maintain it long-lasting it requires regular care. But before cleaning remove the battery and seal all the ports opening with tape to avoid liquid damage.
- Prepare a mix of 50% distilled water and 50% white vinegar.
- Lightly dip the corner of cloth or microfiber cloth in the mixture and make sure do not to spray it directly.
- Softly wipe your phone back panel with the cloth.
- Now use the dry corner to clean the phone case.
How to Clean Transparent Baking Soda and Vinegar
Here are tips to clean yellow silicone phone case with baking soda and vinegar:
- Sprinkle baking soda all over the case.
- Use a wet toothbrush to clean the smartphone case.
- In clean water, rinse off the phone case.
- Using a clean cloth, dry the case.
- Wash your case if it still looks dirty with soap and water.
- After air drying the case for about 1 hour, you can use it again.
Using these tips you clean a clear phone case that turned yellow with baking soda. Let me know which tips you are going to use first to remove yellowness from phone cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best way to clean a phone case?
Like silicone cases, rubber phone cases can be easily cleaned with a mixture of dish soap and water.
How do I clean the transparent phone cover?
Make a mixture of one cup of warm water (or 240ml) and a few drops of dish soap.
Mix the solution together.
Use a toothbrush to scrub the solution over the phone case.
Work into all the nooks and crannies and clean it on the interior and exterior.
Rinse it and use a soft cloth to dry it.
How do you remove yellow from clear silicone?
Spray the clear silicone with bleach. Allow the bleach to sit for 15-20 minutes. This will cause a whitening of the yellowed silicone and will kill any mold or mildew that may have formed.
Do all clear cases yellow?
All clear polymer (plastic) cases will eventually yellow. The principle causes are age, UV, light, chemicals. Better formulations can resist yellowing, so the quality of the plastic does matter; i.e., cheap Chinese cases on eBay are likely to yellow sooner than cases from quality brands like Spigen.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.