As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For general cleaning of the bezel, the touchscreen gadgets, and the LCD screen, you require nothing more than a clean cloth and cleaning solution. Before cleaning the laptop screen remember to switch off it completely and remove the battery and other power sources. These precautions are too much but any wrong move may lead to significant damage and our method of working with electronics is always better safe than sorry.
Cleaning your laptop and desktop can make it useful life longer. As compare with desktop, laptop easily gets dirty, dust and food can build up inside the keyboard. The method to clean laptop screen are:
Clean it with some higher-end (especially business–line) laptops comes with a particular cleaning cloth, which is amazing, but with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth will do great for cleaning the screen. You can use microfiber cloth which is soft and doesn’t leave any lint on the screen. If you use a paper towel, tissue paper, or t-shirt type of cloth, it will leave small particles on your screen and could even scratch it.
Wipe out the laptop screen softly with the cloth. A couple of seeps with the cloth should take care of dust and some loose particles clinging to the screen. Make sure to wipe slowly without too much pressure.
The Cleaning Solution
Avoid using any water to clean your screen, unless it is specifically mentioned. For clearing the fingerprints or a greasy smudge use a screen cleaning solution that is specifically made for screens (non – ammonia-based cleaner). Remember do not spray it directly on the screen, it can shut down the system and cause damage to the electronics components behind the screen. Use it by spar on cloth and then rub it on screen.
How to Clean Keyboards
You can see some crumbs of food and other waste stuck between the keys on the keyboard, which damage its function.
- Firstly turn off your laptop and remove the battery if possible
- Open the screen and turn the device upside down. You can tremble lightly or tap it to dislodge all the remnants of food and waste from the keyboard.
- Take a standard Q – top bristled brush to clean waste between the keys and use a microfiber cloth to wipe across the keyboard.
- For strong stains, dip a cotton swab in isopropyl alcohol and use it to dissolve the dust. Make sure to wipe the surface with a soft microfiber cloth to remove any moisture.
How to Clean Laptop Screen at Home
There are some ways to clean a laptop screen. Remember not to use ammonia or alcohol for cleaning the screen because this screen will damage the LCD screen and can thin the readability of your laptop’s screen. There are some methods of cleaning the laptop screen at home.
Using a damp sponge
Dip the sponge into the water and then dry out till the moisture gets out. Make sure that the sponge is dried. Once dried, wipe the screen softly and gently.
Using lint-free cloth
If you are tired of finger smudges, then use a lint-free cloth to clean laptops
Screen. Even, the keyboards create stains on the screen which is hard to clean off.
How to Clean MacBook Pro Screen
It’s not an easy task to clean a laptop screen. But there is a proper way of cleaning a screen properly. Follow these instructions to clean your Mac:
- Turn off the device and use the dry microfiber cloth to wipe the dust from your screen. Wipe it gently and in slow motion. Do not harshly rub the display.
- Take a small amount of cleanser on the cloth, don’t soak the cloth, and then wipe the cloth around the screen in a circular motion. Keep using a small portion of screen clean at a time and wipe it until it sparkles.
How to Clean Laptop Screen with Water
With water, it ensures your laptop screen spotless. Get some 2 clean cotton clothes, distilled water, and cotton swabs. Make sure that never use to clean scree with an old rag and paper towels and other types of alcohol because these will leave streaks and damage our screen.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.