As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Indian cooking involves too much oil, ghee, and traditional spices which result in a lot of airborne particles grease being produced, which stick to the chimney, and cabinetry. Cleaning the kitchen chimney is a tedious task and most of us don’t do it. But it is important to clean the chimney for its smooth working. The chimney should be cleaned once a month which ensures longer life.
When you don’t clean it regularly for a longer time, it is unhygienic but is also going too blocked and loses its effectiveness that is why a regular filter cleaning is important.
- Before starting cleaning remember to wear rubber gloves, it will keep your hand safe from rough cleaning.
- Remove the filters from the hood of the chimney. Mostly the filters very simply slide out below the hood of the chimney
- Now take boiling water in a bucket and fill up the sink with hot water. Take the hot water because it cleans it more effectively. Place the filter for some time in the sink.
How to Clean Chimney at Home
The cleaning materials and strategies utilized are controlled by what part of the chimney it is that you are cleaning. Also not all cleaning activity requires you to move your chimney apart because different types of chimney stains need particular chimney cleaning chemicals to clean it effectively. There are some tips to clean the chimney from inside and outside easily at home.
White vinegar is a great cleaning agent for dust and stains that accumulate on the outside of the chimney such as hoods and panels. For instant clean of the hood, plunge a paper towel in the vinegar solution and rub the surfaces clean. Make sure to rub every corner and hook with the vinegar-soaked in the towel. Let it keep for a few minutes and wipe it again with a paper towel soaked in water which removes the stains which are left.
Chemically caustic soda is called sodium hydroxide which is popularly used in industries as a chimney cleaning spray that is used with hot water. It is easily available and also a powerful industrial cleaner that breaks down the oils, grease, fats, and another organic composite from industrial equipment. It is also used in the home and a cleanser. To
remove baffles, metal meshes, and filters from the chimney so place them in a metal bucket and spread the caustic soda all over it, and sit for 5 minutes. After pouring hot water over the filters until they are fully dipped in the bucket.
Let the chimney materials dip for 3 hours and wash it and let them dry in the open air. These methods are effective for cleaning large filter parts of chimneys inexpensively.
Using baking soda is another effective method of cleaning the chimney effectively. For using these methods, you need a just small amount of salt, vinegar, and baking soda. Dip the filters in hot water and mix 2 tablespoons of salt with 3 tablespoons of baking soda. Leave it for three hours and then slightly rub then the filter should be clean as new.
How to clean Chimney hood
- Remove the filters from the hood. Most filers are easily moved or slide down or underside of the hood.
- Take a bucket and fill it with hot or boiling water. Pour a good amount of degreasing dish soap and ¼ cup of baking soda into hot water. Swish around with a brush till the water becomes soapy.
- Pour your greasy filters into the water and make sure it dips properly.
- Let them soak for 10 minutes and after take a non – abrasive brush and rub the filters.
- Rinse the filters in hot water and keep them dry with a clean cloth.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.